Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Grilled chicken cordon bleu

It's funny the things you can learn on Facebook. I've known Butch for more years than I want to admit, from bartending in downtown Ames during my college years. In allllll those times we hung out, I never once knew he was a master in the kitchen! Since starting this blog, I've also learned about a few people from high school that have gone to culinary school...talk about my dream! Anyway, Butch likes to share pics of his food and post about what he's making for dinner just like I do...so I find myself jealous of all his meals and begging for the recipes...lucky me that he's nice enough to share them with me, and lucky for you he is letting me share them with you as well :)

I've been wanting to try his chicken marinade for quite a while. As you know, I'm really into marinating meat to throw on the grill each night lately....if you couldn't tell from the rosemary ranch chicken, the balsamic garlic pork tenderloin, and the cuban flank steak.  Butch said he came up with the perfect marinade for chicken, so of course, I was intrigued!

Butch's Chicken Marinade:
1/2 cup zesty italian dressing (I used fat free)
1/4 cup mayo (I used fat free)
1 T spicy mustard
1 T honey
4 chicken breasts
Put the chicken in a shallow container laying flat, and mix all the ingredients in a separate bowl before pouring on top of chicken. Let the chicken sleep in the marinade overnight, and have lovely dreams of hopping on the grill for dinner the next day...


Chicken breast doesn't take long on the grill so after about 5 minutes on each side, I put some fresh shaved ham on top of it. Then add a half slice of fat free swiss cheese to the top and shut the lid of the gril so the yumminess can melt together in peace. They should look like this when removed from the grill (look at those grill marks), and they should taste like this (oh how I wish I could give out taste tests over the internet)...

There is a hint of sweet, a hint of zestiness, and a whole lotta flava in these babies, AND they kept their moisture very well which is a big deal with chicken breast on the grill! This is super simple and is a little different so if you have food ADD like I do, this is def for you...stay tuned for some more Butch posts this week :)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment