Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Carne asada tacos

Here's your flank steak recipe for the week (you know I have to post at least one per week)!  This is another Butch recipe, I posted his chicken marinade yesterday, and I will be posting his pico de gallo tomorrow....so we may as well just call this the Week of Butch! If you look below, you may notice that this post made the favorites tab...Main Man and I were simultaneously chipmunk talking to each other with our cheeks full about how good this was the whole time we were eating. I would venture to say it's my favorite Mexican dish made at home yet! 

4 garlic cloves minced
1 jalapeno minced (original recipe calls for 2 but I didn't want to kill my main man)
handfull chopped cilantro
juice of 2 limes
juice of 1 orange
2 T white vinegar (I had to use apple cider vinegar since I was out of white)
1/2 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Mix it up...


Pour it on...


Grill it up...


Load them up....and you're in business!


Yes, there is a bite out of one of the tacos...I literally couldn't wait. Sorry, folks :)


I marinated the meat overnight so it was ready to throw on the grill right when I got home from hyperventilating and sweating profusely working out so I didn't have to wait long for dinner. Remember when you're grilling flank steak to cook it Medium Rare or it gets really tough. This should mean about 5-7 minutes on each side on the grill. Also be sure to let it rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing so you don't lose all your lovely juices! The meat is by far the big star of this taco show, I didn't even use lettuce, tomatoes, or sour cream.

I just warmed the tortillas up in the microwave for 20 seconds (heavenly little piece of advice, I would recommend you follow it), layered some slices of the carne asada with a mix of authentic Mexican cheese (the blend I got was queso quesadilla, asadero, and manchengo), and threw some pico de gallo on top (I will be sharing that recipe tomorrow, so you can start sending thank you notes now....it's sooooooo good).

If you find a better carne asada taco recipe than this, I will drive to your house to get it from you because this was right in our wheelhouse of favorite flavors...thanks again, Butch! You really made Main Man happy last week :)


Pin It


2 comments:

  1. Mmm... Flank is so good! Nice recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm obsessed since I discovered flank steak this year...I make it at least once a week, and have found TONS of great recipes. We never get tired of it :)

      Delete