Friday, April 6, 2012

Bacon wrapped shrimp

Friday's post is another edition of "Food from Christmas in March". Not saying I saved the best for last, because I can't really claim allegiance to one of these dishes over the others since they're all different genres (comparing appetizers like this bacon wrapped shrimp with sides like this scalloped corn, and desserts like these lemon bars would just be unfair to every taste bud involved...you have to try them all), but I will say that I polished off well more than my fair share of this little babies without batting an eye.

This is one of Christina's signature dishes in my eyes (the girl rocks the face off lasagna, and makes a killer chicken and rice casserole) and it seems to get requested whenever we have a get together. It's one of the favorites of the men of the group as well...I should have taken a picture of all of them congregating around the crockpot talking, and pretending that each of them wasn't trying to shove more in his mouth than the guy next to him. Anyway, it's a bit of work to do any appetizers on a skewer, but these are so worth it. Christina put a lot of time in making these and also my caprese skewers...which tend to be more of a favorite of the girls than the guys (I had a large part in devouring those as well).

So without further adieu, here are the directions Miss Christina Marie wrote out for you so you may try these for your next get together. Do it.

Bag of large shrimp, thawed
2 packages of bacon (depending on the number of shrimp)
brown sugar

Cut the bacon slices in half. Wrap half a bacon slice around the shrimp and secure with a toothpick. Place all on a cookie sheet, and cover/sprinkle with brown sugar (depending on how sweet or unhealthy you want them). Bake at 350 for 35 min or until bacon is crisp. Then move to crock pot for serving, trying not to let more than 4-5 fall into your mouth in the transfer.



I'm sort of rethinking my food contributions for Easter this weekend, these would go over so well! Decisions, decisions....


Pin It


4 comments:

  1. Hahahaha.... I loved reading this recipe! I like it super unhealthy, so I'll add extra brown sugar.... and I'm sure 8-10 will fall in my mouth during the transfer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they stay nice in the crock pot? They look delicious!!
    THanks Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They stay perfectly in the crockpot, just leave it on warm :)

      Delete