Friday, September 28, 2012

Mini turkey and quinoa pizzas

It's the last intallment of Quinoa Week, people. I'm a little sad. I'm sure you are too. It will be ok...I have some delicous zucchini recipes to share next week. Does that make you feel better?  It does me :)
 
This is not so much of a recipe, as it is a way to use leftovers. When I made the turkey and quinoa stuffed peppers there was too much filling to fit inside just four peppers. What's my knee jerk reaction? Ummmm...duh. You throw it on some 'za! I make these little english muffin pizzas all the time at work for lunch (throwback post, this was my 4th post EVER). I always have the ingredients on hand to have an impromptu pizza throwdown...don't call yourself a pizza lover if you don't. Usually it's canadian bacon, turkey pepperoni, and mushrooms with some fresh mozz and a little pizza sauce. Today we add quinoa....muahhahahaha (that's an evil laugh if you couldn't tell...be scared, be impressed).
 

I loaded the turkey quinoa mixture onto an english muffin that I had already slathered in pizza sauce, and then topped it with fresh grated mozzarella and italian seasoning. Baked for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. And then I scarfed. And I scarfed.


And I ate half a leftover pepper as a side. I literally can't get enough. It's a problem, people.


And this ends our lovely week long visit to the fairytale land of quinoa...I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I will be coming back frequently but hopefully this weeklong stint will ease my obsession. Just a little?

What else am I obsessing about,  you ask?! Ohhhhhh, just that about 30 of my closest girly friends and lady family members are on their way to come visit me for the shower and bachelorette party my MOH and bridesmaids are throwing me. No big D. The seconds feel like hours right now. Longest. Day. Ever. Can't waaaaiiiiiiit to see you all! Have a great weekend, all!



Pin It



No comments:

Post a Comment