Friday, August 17, 2012

Wedding invitations

Welp...I've got it. I've got the pneumonia so bad (pronounced puh-monia in our household). It's the walking kind, so I'm told it's not so bad and I'm not contagious, but I have been doing more laying and coughing than walking the last few days so I'm not sure who arrived on that terminology. Either way, it's sucky. Short post Friday due to illness...not that I'm using that as an excuse, but it's my excuse :)

Since everyone should have gotten their wedding invitations ohhhhhhh, let's say a month ago(ahem, due date for RSVP's is Sept 1, peeps), I felt it was ok to do my little post about how flipping cool zazzle.com is in the world of everything picturesque.  If you remember my save the dates, you know they were going to be very hard to top. I loved every inch of them, and am still grateful I have such a talented cousin in my corner.  With everything else left to figure out, I wanted to go fairly simple on the invitations and not make them a huge deal (don't worry, more of Emma's awesome work will be on display at the wedding in the form of our programs)....so I bought some generic invitations from Hobby Lobby to have custom printed.  I loved the simplistic design, thought they would be very easy to assemble (they were a tad more work than I envisioned with the bow tying, my bridesmaids can attest to that), and pictured them being very inexpensive. Hobby Lobby has become my go-to for anything wedding related that I need, and if you watch their sales every week, they put all their wedding stuff 50% at least once a month so I just make a list and wait till the sale hits! That's what I did with these invites...



Once we got them back from the printer, I did decide I wanted a little something personal to make them "us" and my Maid of Honor came to the rescue...again! I seriously don't know what I would do throughout this whole process if it weren't for Cynthia and her mom, Trish...they've been lifesavers! Oh yeah, when the printers said they were going to charge me $400 for address labels, Mama Trish jumped to the rescue! She also made a map for me to print and include for each guest, something I'm sure everyone appreciated, so I'm glad someone thinks of these things. 

Anyway, to the point of the post...Zazzle printed up these personalized stamps with one of our engagement photos to give the invites a little zing of the soon to be Stenslands. I could not be happier with how they turned out, they were a little more expensive than normal stamps, but I think they were worth it with the money I saved going more generic on the invitations themselves. Just thought I would pass along some of my MOH's wisdom to other needy brides like myself...I shall now go lay in a ball and cough until tomorrow, enjoy your Friday, all!!


I'm off to my first wedding shower this weekend, for the Kratoska side and in Rochester, MN! I'm pretty pumped to see what Betsy has planned, as she is a serious crafter and party-thrower...I will report with some cool pics in the coming weeks!


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Cute cute invites!! Those stamps are the best idea! Xo
    megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete