Thursday, August 9, 2012

News flash!!!

Big news flash in my world and the world of my lady friends....introducing little Miss Ashlyn Michelle Mohr!!  Born 8/8/12 at 1:56 pm and weighing 8 lbs 4 oz and 19.5 inches long.....what a little beauty!


Mama Michelle is one of those cool parents who waits until they have the kid to find out what the baby's sex is...you know, one of those parents that I will never in a million years have the patience to be. We've been waiting and waiting to see if Aubrey Lynn would have a little brother or little sister....and a little sissy it is! As you can see below, she is already taking the role of big sis very seriously....


We've watched Aubrey grow in the past 2 years to the point where it's almost unimaginable that we were visiting her in the hospital all wrapped up like this in September of 2010.  She has such an amazing personality, is a little cheeser for the camera, and is so very smart it blows my mind (seriously, she can run an iphone better than I can)....I can't wait to watch Ashlyn grow into her own personality and see what kind of little girl she will be. Will she be shy or outgoing? Will she follow in her sister's footsteps and be petrified of Justin? Will she be an athlete or a girly girl or a bookworm or all of the above?

It's amazing how much I love my friends' children, and I can't imagine how much that love multiplies when you have your own. It's been such a blessing to be able to watch my ladies turn into wives and mothers, and learn from them before I take the plunge myself. I am so lucky to have strong families to emulate as Justin and I enter into our marriage and begin trying to start a family of our own. I'm getting gushy eyed now so I better go...the faster this day goes, the faster I get to meet little Miss Ashlyn tonight!! I'll leave you with a pic of mommy and daughtor...could there be a sweeter moment? Happy Thursday, all!


P.S. What a B! She always looks like she just got done running errands after giving birth...Michelle is one tough chica!




Pin It



1 comment: