Friday, July 27, 2012

Spicy italian pasta salad

This is an old one that I've had queued up to post for quite some time. I didn't make it myself so I kept forgetting to post it. After yesterday's post of the mostphenomenallasagnaever by Iowa Girl Eats, it reminded me that I had been meaning to post her pasta salad recipe that Leslie made for her birthday get-together a couple of months ago. This stuff was go back for more because you have no choice good. It had a definite kick to it...mainly because Leslie added a good amount of crushed red pepper accidentally...but it was one of those happy accidents that actually work type of things.

We all know everyone needs a go-to pasta salad for this time of year when potlucks are upon us and we would rather be put to death than eat a hot side dish.  I tend to gravitate toward my friend Melissa's recipe, the always loved pasta salad that I got from her a couple years ago and haven't found one to top it yet....but this one gave it a run for it's money. I may have to begin making 2 pasta salads if I go somewhere...

Ingredients (serves 6-8)
  • 1 lb fettuccini
  • 1/2 bottle Zesty Italian dressing (I would use fat free)
  • 1/2 bottle McCormick Salad Supreme seasoning (Leslie used Italian seasoning instead)
  • 2 T crushed red pepper (or more if you like the heat)
  • 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded & chopped
  • 1 small package round turkey pepperoni
  • 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded & chopped
  • 1 small can sliced olives, drained
Instructions
  • Cook fettuccine in salted, boiling water. Drain, then rinse under cold water.
  • Combine fettuccine in a large bowl with remaining ingredients. Toss to combine, then cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Happy Friday, all! If you have a gathering to hit this weekend, I'll just say you're welcome now for making you the favorite guest...


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment