We all know everyone needs a go-to pasta salad for this time of year when potlucks are upon us and we would rather be put to death than eat a hot side dish. I tend to gravitate toward my friend Melissa's recipe, the always loved pasta salad that I got from her a couple years ago and haven't found one to top it yet....but this one gave it a run for it's money. I may have to begin making 2 pasta salads if I go somewhere...
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
- 1 lb fettuccini
- 1/2 bottle Zesty Italian dressing (I would use fat free)
- 1/2 bottle McCormick Salad Supreme seasoning (Leslie used Italian seasoning instead)
- 2 T crushed red pepper (or more if you like the heat)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded & chopped
- 1 small package round turkey pepperoni
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1 small can sliced olives, drained
- Cook fettuccine in salted, boiling water. Drain, then rinse under cold water.
- Combine fettuccine in a large bowl with remaining ingredients. Toss to combine, then cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Happy Friday, all! If you have a gathering to hit this weekend, I'll just say you're welcome now for making you the favorite guest...