Monday, June 18, 2012

Strawberry angel food kebabs

I bet you can guess where I saw the idea for these babies...yep, that's right. They were a gem from Pinterest.  These are so easy, that a kid could do them for you...and I'm sure they would have a blast doing it.  You only need a few things:

wooden kabob sticks
1 container strawberries
1 angel food loaf
chocolate syrup

I doubled the recipe because I had 2 birthday get togethers to hit up in one weekend...the angel food sticks went over well at both of them.  Just alternate fruit and cake on each stick and layer them in a dish to bring along...



Drizzle with chocolate syrup, and set out for everyone to enjoy. These were great for kids...and a nice summer treat that is not super bad for you! Angel food cake is fat free, the chocolate syrup is sugar free, and you just can't ever get enough fruit...


I do have to give a shout out to Main Man for the save on this. Yeah, if anyone can mess this recipe up, it's me. The original instructions called for melting your own chocolate, I had some almond bark (which tastes like white chocolate) so I threw that in the double boiler to melt. For some reason, it didn't go over well....and I thought I was going to have to stop and buy a dessert on the way to the first birthday party. We keep chocolate syrup in the fridge at all times for his chocolate milk habit (he likes the homemade kind better than store bought) and he suggested we use that....he sure does know how to calm a girl down when she's freaking out!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment