Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pesto cheese stuffed chicken

What a long and eventful holiday weekend we had! Sorry for the lack of posts but it's nice to get a blogging break every once in a while and just unplug from the world. We headed to the lake for the weekend, and I packed up quite a few things to take along, most everything made beforehand so I didn't have to do much cooking there...which worked out perfectly if you ask me! All I had to do was set food out, and throw meat at Justin to grill, and we were in business for some great meals. I'll be posting a lot of the things I made, and some recipes for the contributions that friends brought throughout this week and next...and if you know me, you know there was no shortage of food.  This chicken was made last week for dinner, so I thought I would share it with you to get us back on a normal week's schedule. Hope you're all enjoying your short week!

4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 T basil pesto
4 T fat free sour cream
4 T grated mozzerella cheese (I used Fontina and Gruyere since I had some in the fridge and they are very mild and good melters just like Mozz)
4 T grated parmesan cheese
4 T plain breadcrumbs
cracked black pepper to taste

Mix up the pesto, sour cream, and shredded cheese to concoct your lovely filling for these chicken breasts. Set aside.


Pound the chicken breasts out as thinly as humanly (or chickenly) possible, and spread them with filling before rolling them up. I cut my chicken breasts in half becuase they were so thick, so each breast I had made two chicken rollups.

Mix the parmesan cheese, cracked black pepper, and bread crumbs on a plate. Roll your filled chicken breasts in the mixture to coat all sides and lay them into a greased baking dish. I froze some of these and also put some in the fridge to cook for dinner last week.


Bake for 25-35 minutes at 375 degrees and serve. This chicken was very tasty, although I was expecting it to be a little cheesier inside. I think next time I make it, I will use it as sort of a chicken parmesan and put it on a bed of spagetti with some sauce and a little cheese on top....I imagine that will be pure perfection. I'll let you know how it turns out :)


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I made this for dinner tonight. I was amazing! My husband asked for it to be added to our regular rotation! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear! It's always great when the hubby approves :)

      Delete