Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Crockpot pulled pork sandwiches

Sometimes a recipe is good enough where it deserves to cut in line in front of the other recipes that are waiting to be posted to the blog. This was one of them! I headed to the Nobiling home last night to hang with their little bundle of love, Keltyn, and meet up with the Hofers and their little lover, Greyson.  Both mamas asked for the recipe after dinner, and I pretty much almost ate the plate while inhaling the sandwich, so I had to bump this recipe right up to the top of the queue.

I usually think of Winter food when I think of the crockpot...like crockpot ranch roasts or crockpot beef stroganoff, but what screams Summer more than BBQ sauce!?  This was a Weight Watchers approved recipe too, so it's basically a home run before it's even hit out of the park. Easier than pie and yummy to boot, plus very portable to bring to a friend's house to have baby time and a nice dinner that tastes like a lot of work but really only needed a few ingredients thrown in a crockpot all day.

2.5 lb boneless pork loin roast
2 t red wine vinegar
2 t Hickory liquid smoke (I didn't have any of this so I used Worchestershire sauce)
1 t garlic powder
1 t sea salt
1 cup your fave BBQ sauce (I usually like Famous Dave's Devil's Spit sauce but I know some people can't stand the heat so I went with the Rich and Sassy this time)


Mix all your ingredients up in a bowl, put the pork loin roast into a lined crockpot, and pour the sauce on top. Cook on low for 6 hours (shred the meat after 4 hours) so you have to smell the stuff while it cooks in your office all day and makes your tummy rumble.


Throw it on some wheat sandwich rolls, and you're in business! The crockpot was literally scraped clean...and it people weren't watching me clean up, I may have licked it. Don't look at me like that, you know you've thought of doing it before...oh, you haven't? Me either.


In other, cuter news....the reason for this dinner was to get a little baby boy fix from Keltyn and Greyson. Look how grown up and mature Keltyn's facial features are, he looks like a mini-adult...so flipping adorable!


Greyson getting a little love from the bottle so mommy could have a couple beers with the ladies :) His eyes are going to make girls melt one day!



Don't judge the slimy hair, I came straight from Kosama plyo day...and then I had to go play softball after that! Mondays really rock my energy level, I'll tell you. Keltyn likes to be snuggled all up into your body...pretty comfy to be hugged up to that little man, I'll tell you! We have to plan another night like this again soon, ladies....



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Why the bag liner? Won't it burn? I guess I have never used one, so not sure where to get one for my crockpot/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to the point of wanting to throw out a crockpot and buy a new one before because the cruckas (no, that word is not in the dictionary but I'm sure you can imagine what I mean when I say it) was so baked on from some concoction....these were the answer from the crockpot gods! I had never heard of them until my friend Cynthia brought something over to our house in a lined crock before...its like a dream come true. They sell them in the same aisle as ziplocks and saran wraps at most stores. I seriously have a few boxes at a time at home, like if something bad in the world would happen and all grocery stores shut down I would still have my crockpot liners. They're that important...and no they don't burn :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I will take a look for them. I can see how they would make clean up SOOOO easy. I had never heard of them, but will definitely check it out. Thanks for the note!

      Delete
  2. Here is the health info for this recipe:

    Weight Watchers Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
    Points: 7 weight watchers pointsplus
    Servings: 8 large servings
    Serving Size: about 6 ounces
    Nutritional Info:165 calories, 7 g of fat, 4.1 of carbohydrates, .1 g of fiber 24.1 g of protein

    ReplyDelete