Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cilantro lime flank steak

I bet you were wondering where your flank steak recipe for the week was??  Never fear, I would never leave you beef-less for the week. This one was a little different, as you are supposed to liquify the marinade, so I thought I would give it a shot.

1 cup fresh cilantro
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1.5 t olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
1 serrano chile (you can seed the chile if you want to avoid any heat)
1 t sea salt
1 lb flank steak

Put all your ingredients besides the steak into a food processor and make a smooth, saucy marinade for your meat. Process it all and pour it on top of the thawed flank steak to soak up the love overnight before grilling. Remember what we've talked about with grilling the flank steak when we did the flank steak with chimichurri sauce and the carne asada tacos and don't overcook it. Flank steak gets very tough when cooked over a MR, so about 5-7 minutes each side on the grill should be plenty.


I didn't get a pic of this one before I devoured it...does that say something? Although a little more work than the normal marinades because you have to use the food processor, I really enjoyed the flavor profile with this one. Never fear, I will continue to try the world's flank steak marinades one at a time to bring you the best of the best each week. I do believe my favorite so far is probably the cuban flank steak or Butch's carne asada marinade, but I haven't had a bad one yet, if you were wondering....


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment