Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Baked pork ribs

I know, I know. I've been MIA lately.  I apologize for my absence, but I'll admit that it was a much needed break. Last week I took the week off from blogging, Kosama, and even a day off work to catch up on sleep and get back to myself after a busy few weeks of seemingly burning the candle at both ends.  We've done so much in the couple weeks leading up to my week of rest that I don't even have the energy to post about it all!

I also got a nice weekend at home with the rents this past weekend, helping Big Dan to recoop from his full knee replacement surgery. I thought it was going to be a little more relaxing than it was, but am so glad that I was able to be there to pick him up from the hospital, get the house set up for his handicap for the next few weeks, and watch over him for his first few days while Mama K had to work.

I'm forcing myself to hop back into blogging even though every free minute I have I want to spend outdoors (record highs this week!) and I am slamdanced at work (going to be a great bonus this month!) because I have sooooo many great meals to tell you about!

This is not really a recipe, but it's one of my favorite easy things to make and was one of the first dishes I ever made Justin when we started dating. I didn't know he wasn't a fan of BBQ, but despite his aversion to normal BBQ sauce, he loves these ribs when I make them. The secret is to get the boneless ones so it's a little leaner meat.  You can get the boneless country style ribs decently cheap at Hy-Vee, Wal-Mart, or Fareway. One package will feed 3 adults! Sidenote: Can you tell I'm a little behind on my posts by looking at the date on the meat?? hehe :)


Slather with your favorite BBQ sauce in a greased baking dish (I use part Big Daddy's mild and part Famous Dave's devil's spit sauce)...the sauce makes the dish. I think this is the reason Justin likes my ribs when he doesn't like standard BBQ, the sauces I use give the ribs a little kick in the pants rather than the standard sweetness of Cookies brand that he grew up on and grew to dislike. Throw them in the 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes (remove when all the pink in the middle is gone) and chow down! I do them on the grill wrapped in foil too and they get a smoky flavor that way....yum!!


I really only take down two but I always try for three since they're so darn good!! I just did a standard roasted asparagus with a little bit of olive oil and fresh cracked salt and pepper for a side....what a filling, but decently low in calorie meal.  I'm shooting for dinners to be protein and veggie for the next few weeks so I'm not getting carbs in the evenings...although I do have some pastas to post that are to die for soon! Stay tuned, I've got a lot coming your way in the next couple of weeks!

Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment