Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Shrimp pomodoro

I have fallen in love with this dish at restaurants...I tried it first at the place we are doing our rehearsal dinner in Ames (this will be one of our dishes that night, no doubt about it) and then ordered it last week at Fire Creek in Des Moines.  Both times I was blown away and don't know how I've never discovered this on a menu before this point in my life...it makes me sad I've gone 29.5 years without it.

This was actually a recipe my friend Amanda gave me from Pinterest...on there it's called spicy parmesan shrimp skillet.  But I knew once I saw the ingredients that it could be tweaked a tiny bit to turn into my new love, made at home! The world is coming together for me....

By the way, you were right, Amanda....very light, but filling, and such great taste while also being ridiculously easy to make for a weeknight meal!  I love when the stars align for me in the kitchen.  Hopefully they do the same for you when you eat this...

1 lb raw peeled and deveined shrimp (I used pre-cooked and just pulled the tails off, you just have to cook quickly so as not to over-do them)
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/3 cup white cooking wine (I added this to the recipe)
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 t brown sugar
2 t soy sauce
2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 t red pepper flakes (I used more than that)

In a bowl, whisk all ingredients together except for shrimp and tomatoes. Add the shrimp and tomatoes to a ziplock bag, and pour the sauce on in there too while you're at it. Let this bag of love sit in the fridge and marinate overnight, then pour it into a skillet to warm when you're ready to eat.


Cook pasta according to instructions on package, and pour the pasta into the skillet to join with the sauce in yummy matrimony.  Serve!  See....I told you it couldn't get any easier. Thank you notes can be sent to my home address...I will then forward them to Amanda for passing this on to me.



Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment