Thursday, January 26, 2012

Parmesan fettucine with sauteed chicken and grape tomatoes

I'm telling you....last week was good eating around our joint!  Too bad Justin wasn't a fan of some of the things I'll post from this week, but I guess you can't win 'em all...

This was sort of a copycat of a meal I had at Pazzesco in Ames when we were shopping for a place for the rehearsal dinner for our wedding in October. We were all very impressed with our food, being it was the first time any of us had been there.  My mom had a grilled romaine salad...they literally threw the head of romaine on the grill...sounded weird but she loved it! Justin's mom and I both had this pasta that was to die for...I had a small amount of leftovers that didn't even make it till morning when Justin saw the white box in my hand that night.  That meal used angel hair pasta and was just delish, but I happened to have some fancy schmancy parmesan parsley fettucine noodles that Mama K had gotten me for Christmas so I used those instead....

2 skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with garlic powder, lawry's, etc and baked, then cut into bite sized pieces
1/2 t dried oregano
1/2 t dried basil
pasta of your choice
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
6 cloves garlic
3 T chopped fresh basil
3/4-1 cup olive oil

Just add all the spices and oil into the skillet to warm, and then add the tomatoes and chicken to soak up the flava flav.  Cook the noodles according to the package instructions and then add them to the skillet as well...Bada bing....





Bada Boom!!



Now, although olive oil is pretty high in fat, it's good fat and very heart healthy so don't feel guilty having this as a Sunday meal and having some extra calories...your body will thank you :)

Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment