Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Chicken tortilla soup and beer bread muffins

This is not really a recipe, but more of an easy dinner solution if you need one. One of my girlfriends kids was selling Tastefully Simple products for her dance class, so I ordered a couple of things in order to help out.  I have had their beer bread before with their dips, but thought it might go well with their chicken tortilla soup.  Since Winter has officially sprung upon us, it's soup season fo sho! 

I got the value pack of beer bread, which contains 3 packages to make a loaf of bread. I, of course, do not bake...so I didn't have a bread pan, hence the beer bread muffins.  They took a little less time to cook but tasted just as good, and they're awesome served warm with a little butta on them...but just as good dipped in soup :)  All you have to do is mix a packet with a can of beer, and pour into your pan to bake (350 degrees for 15 minutes).  Nothing more to add...

Sidenote: Sam loves these little muffins for some reason...who knew dogs liked beer bread??

The soup was just as easy, I just added water and brought it to a boil while I baked 2 chicken breasts in the oven to shred and add to the soup.  I also added a can of black beans to bulk it up since we had the Hofers over for dinner that night (which Cynthia proceeded to pick out anyway, haha)...the box was a perfect portion for 4 adults.  So if you've never tried Tastefully Simple products before (and no, I am not a rep for them, nor do I sell their products), I would highly recommend both of these for a home cooked tasting meal done in less than 30 minutes (all but 5 minutes of that time being hands off). 

(Wow, that was a lot of parentheses!)

If you're interested in their dips, which are flipping amazing by the way, I have the Garlic Garlic and the Onion Onion.  Both are super good for parties and tend to get annhilated as long as I don't use the fat free mayo and try to skinny them up...light works well though. Their seasoned salt is pretty stellar as well...now if only I could get them to give me some free products for advertising their website?? 


If you go to the website, you can find a consultant to order from near your area.  Let me know if you try anything new that I should know about!! 


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment