Monday, January 16, 2012

Bridesmaid boxes

Although I realize this is not a crafting blog, I did warn you fair and square that you would be seeing more posts that have nothing to do with food since my mind currently always has at least a small percentage of itself tied up with wedding ideas. This one, in particular, came from Pinterest....surprise, surprise!  I read somewhere that Pinterest is the female equivelent to fantasy football for men, which pretty much means it takes up all your spare time, and I would believe that.

I have a couple of bridesmaids who live out of state (shout out to Beatrice in Arizona and Amanda in Texas!) so at first this was just an idea to ask them to be my bridesmaids in a unique way over Skype.  But I decided I really wanted to do it for all the bridesmaids, the maid of honor (I guess she's a matron of honor since she's married, huh?!), and my personal attendant...so I got started.

You should have seen how many times we had to try these photos, as this was before Santa brought me the nice new camera, and the light was all wrong so it would glare off the paper and you couldn't see what was written. Justin proved his fiance worthiness by taking as many photos for me as it took to get decent shots where you could actually read the papers....and he didn't even whine about it!  What a catch! :)



So my handwriting is not the best....




I used these photos to make trifold cards out of cardstock, with each picture on one page asking them the question.  I used some of my scrapbooking tools to make embellishments in the wedding colors (grey and yellow) so it was personalized to our ceremony a little.



Besides the card popping the question, I lined the boxes with grey tissue paper and filled it with knick knacks for the girls.  I found these napkins and wrote a little note on them, I had bridal party buttons for bachelorette parties included with each girl's title on there, I had a miniature calendar page from October with the 20th (the wedding date) circled in red in each box, a magnet with a picture of me with each girl was included in everyone's box, as well as paint chips from Lowe's in different shades of yellow and grey for them to help me choose which combinations work the best for the actual colors.


I bought these unpainted cigar boxes on Amazon on the cheap, and spraypainted them in a dark grey.  It took a couple of coats and the color didn't turn out quite how I would have wanted it (it had a bluish tint if you looked at it long enough) but it worked for the purpose.  I then used my scrapbooking tools to cut out the letters of each girls name in yellow to glue to the corner of the box.


I just loved this ribbon although its a very bright yellow and not what I will use in the wedding, it worked great for this project!  I gave all the girls who live around here their boxes at the same time at Cynthia's house for girls dinner one night. I'm very happy with how they turned out and everyone's reactions to my little project!  Although this is probably more trouble than you would ever have to do normally to ask your bridesmaids to be your bridesmaids, it's very important to me that each and every one of my girls feels special and understands how much they mean to me, and how important it is for them to be by my side on my big day...and I hope this showed them that appreciation I feel for their friendship.  And what an easy way to do it! I won't lie and say this was all for them and I didn't enjoy making these though, Justin teased me about the fact that I was smiling from ear to ear without even knowing it while I was working on these things by myself in the office....creepy how I love to feel crafty :)


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment