Thursday, November 3, 2011

Lasagna cups

"Why don't you just put it all together in a pan like normal lasagna?"  Because then it wouldn't be fun, would it, Justin?  Why do boys ask so many questions anyway?  I made these for a night when we were having the Havicks over for dinner...my old college roommate, her hubby Joel (fun fact: theirs was the first wedding I was ever in), and their two adorable chillins. Kids need entertainment, right? Why not make lasagna fun!  These turned out great, especially since I didn't burn them.  I checked on them early, thank goodness and they were perfectly done....otherwise, we wouldve been ordering pizza.  Don't judge, I've done it before.

These would also be perfect servings for a party, and I think they're just adorable looking to boot!  These have been "pinned" on my http://www.pinterest.com/ board for quite a while, so I'm glad I got a chance to try them...

1 package wonton wrappers
1 container low fat ricotta cheese
1 package shredded mozzerella cheese
Fave pasta sauce (I like to add meat to ours so would normally make some spagetti sauce with mushrooms, onion, and ground beef, but I used my batch of canned homemade pasta sauce which made this very simple.

Super spray (yes, that's a real cooking term in my kitchen) your cupcake tins with nonstick Pam or you'll be prying these suckers out with your fingers...and that's no fun.  Layer one wonton wrapper on the bottom of each cupcake hole..


...then layer one dallop of ricotta...


...followed by another wonton wrapper, and fill the whole rig up with your meaty sauce...


and top with shredded mozzerella, throwing some italian seasoning on there if you are feeling zippy...


Bake for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees, and please keep your eye on them so you don't give them the near death experience that I did...they would've been inedible had I left them in for even a few more minutes. But instead (and yes again, I will point out that I am no professional photog), they came out heavenly! And so cute to have individual lasagna servings....



Remember the rule? If the leftovers get killed, the recipe is a winner.  These puppies were no losers!


Pin It


10 comments:

  1. wow, these look amazing and delicious, I have to def. try them thank you for the wonderful recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made these for dinner tonight... SO YUMMY and quick. Thanks a bunch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your dialogue--so clever & funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy! made these tonight, Quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. has anyone froze these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not, but I bet they would freeze wonderfully! I freeze pasta all the time!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I assumed so as well, so I will try.

      Delete
  6. I'm planning to try these..do you think I'd be able to use a lasagna noodle instread of the wonton wrapper?

    ReplyDelete