Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Balsamic parmesan green beans with mushrooms

Easy as sin and just as tasty! We had a little trip South to Chariton to see my mom's side of the family this weekend, and you can't really beat a couple of great grillouts with the fam!  We headed to Aunt Vicki and Uncle Mike's Saturday evening for a dinner cookout with a pretty huge spread....my cousin Michelle made homemade mac and cheese (I will need the recipe for that), Grandma Theda made her brownies which for some reason are better than any brownie in the world as well as a cake, Aunt Vicki had burgers, brats, and a potato mix ready to throw on, and Aunt Christi brought the yummiest veggie tray with peppers and these sugar snap peas that were to die for!!  This was my contribution to the festivities and I was very happy with how it turned out...

1 large ziplock bag
1 lb fresh green beans (hard ends snapped off)
2 large portabello mushrooms, cut into bite sized pieces
2 T olive oil
2 T balsamic vinegar
2 T parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Clean and trim the beans and the mushrooms before adding them to your large ziplock bag.  Add all ofther ingredients to the bag and combine thouroughly and all the veggies are covered evenly, before throwing into your greased baking dish.  Cover with tin foil and throw in the oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Or you can throw them on the grill, or over an open fire, all the while stirring and heating. 


I have sort of a love affair with fresh green beans going on so I may be biased but I just loved these.  I used some of the green beans from our garden that I had frozen before (check HERE if you want a tutorial on how to do this) and I have been very happy with how these green beans work in recipes.  Besides that, anything with balsamic on it has my heart, so the taste of these mushrooms after they soaked the juice up was amazing!  I may have a new fave green bean recipe to throw in the mix....


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment