Friday, September 16, 2011

Basil goat cheese roll-ups

Day after tailgating. Felt like I turned 21 the night before.  I had 3 boys in the house.  I had one pizza.  This wasn't going to work out. Saw the can of crescent rolls.  Saw the goat cheese. Remembered the basil plant outside (what in God's name am I going to do when it freezes outside and I have no more fresh basil growing??).  Whew....the day is saved and I don't have to run/drag my butt to the store.

These were simple, filling, and yummy!  Times like these, it makes me glad I'm a food hoarder and have more crap in the house than I know what to do with.  I had planned on using these crescent rolls with cream cheese and jalapeno stuffing somehow...hadn't quite gotten my head wrapped around that idea yet so will have to try that at a later date.  I think I will be buying crescent rolls more often...

1 can crescent rolls
pizza sauce
goat cheese
fresh basil

Roll your crescents out, and smear them with pizza sauce.  Add sprinkles of goat cheese and basil before rolling up....


Wrap the little buggers up tight and add them to a greased baking dish. 



Bake at 425 degrees for 16-18 minutes.  Serve with marinara sauce or ranch...whatever your preference (I try to go with marinara as ranch is my arch nemesis...I could drink the stuff but don't want to consume all the calories it packs).



YUM! Nice and gooey inside, good flavor from the basil, and a perfect side for any Italian dish.  I will be experimenting with croissants a lot in the future...the only thing I was wanting was more cheese.  But that's a personal problem...there's never enough cheese in my life.


Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment