Friday, July 22, 2011

Baked tortelini with homemade bolognese

Another fridge meal for Justin for while I'm gone...he's a pasta fiend so he should enjoy this one.  This is one of my favorite simple things to throw together, and I always have a bag of frozen tortelini in the freezer for that reason.

I cannot give you the recipe for the bolognese sauce though, as I promised the person I got it from not to give it out.  I've never had a secret recipe before, it's kinda neat!  But I will say that if this were my original recipe, I'm not sure I would share it either.  There's 5 different kinds of meats, tons of things included that I wouldn't even think about, and it all comes together to make a restaurant style bolognese that tops every one I've ever had before.  Since it takes about 4 hours to make, it's good to make a huge batch and freeze it, so that's what we did.  This was my last frozen pint so it's time to make another batch soon....

Anyway, you can do this with your own favorite spagetti sauce and just add meat, onions, mushrooms, whatever you would add to spagetti normally. Boil the tortelini...tri-color is so perdy, isnt it?


It doesnt take long for that to boil, I just used cheese tortelini but you could use meat if you like.  Drain the pasta once its floating, and add your sauce to the bowl along with some diced onions and mushrooms, and mix it all together.  Put them in a Pam'ed up baking dish and layer with mozzerella.  Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or so...serve with garlic bread and you will have a happy camper on your hands.  At least, he was happy last year I made this for him while I was gone :)


This would also make an awesome freezer dish if that's your plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment