Monday, May 23, 2011

Angel food with greek yogurt

As you've noticed, the dessert section on this blog is pretty light.  I rarely make desserts unless there is a special occasion, I usually stick to the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches if I have a craving for some sweetness...or just go give Justin a kiss (ohhhhhhhh, threw some cheese in there for ya)!  But I was home for the weekend and my mother has a bit of a sweet tooth so she threw together a simple dessert for us that was actually not half bad for you, at least as far as desserts go, which was pretty good.

She's on a greek yogurt kick (which is very good for you) so she bought some mini angel food cakes and some fresh fruit to throw together a nice looking dessert.  She cut the angel food minis down the middle, loaded a couple large spoonfulls of greek yogurt in the center, put the top on, and covered with some diced fresh fruit (she used strawberries and blueberries).  She drizzled some honey on top but you could go without that, and Big Dan dolloped some whipped cream on top...and we could all go without that!


I will say that I was a little hesitant because greek yogurt scares me for some reason....but this was great! Not too sweet, not too heavy, very fresh tasting, and I don't believe its high in calorie for something in the dessert section.  If I was a dessert person, this would be on my repeat list...I will keep it filed for next time my sweet tooth acts up :)


Pin It


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the dessert idea - it's just what I was looking for for my weight-conscious friends! Please note that your subhead which ends at it's most simple is grammatically incorrect. "It's" is a contraction for "it is". Please do yourself and others a favour by correcting it to "its". Also "dallop" is misspelled - it should be "dollop".
    Sorry to be so picky but I'm a writer and it makes me crazt to see the poor spelling and grammar running rampant on the internet, where people see these errors and become confused as to what is correct and what is not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...but my typing leaves something to be desired. Sorry for spelling "crazy" wrong!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous--I've corrected the mistakes you mentioned, and it sounds as if I should apologize for offending you with my writing. This blog was started and is kept up for friends and family who have requested recipes and like to keep up with the goings on in my life, so I do not spend a large amount of time spell checking, and type most of these up fairly quickly when I have extra time in the day. I like to think of it as sort of an online journal with recipes...but thanks for your feedback!

    ReplyDelete